Friday, June 02, 2006

Untitled

It's wrapped around me, it's all done
Soon, soon enough, i'll be no more
Soon, i'll see the oh so praised shore
Soon, my last song will be sung

But, from deep within, it sprung
Through my inner depths it tore
The long awaited doubt, it came
That little string, kept me sane
Now gone, left but searing pain

Like a wailing fleeting moment
That suddenly froze and stayed
There it was, in it's disarming cry:

- Why am I doing this? What could I possibly get out of this?

And then I saw her.
So young and gentle. Pure.
There it was. All I ever sought.
Hope. Peace.
Maybe it will happen.
It has to.
But not like this. Not with me.

I left the trigger alone.
And, then, got out of the bus.

In that lonely forgotten field,
I looked at the sky far above me.
Maybe i'll, finally, get my answers.

And I pushed it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home